Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nstefaniuk
Creator III
Creator III

[11.2] Strict search in a listbox

Hello all.

I have a dumb question that bothers me: I would like to do a strict search in a listbox but I can't remember how to process.

My listbox is based on a number field:

If I type "75" in the search of the listbox, I find 5 values, all containing "75". I would like to select only 1 value, "75", because it's the only one that perfectly matches my search. I don't want to find 5 values and click with my mouse to keep only 1. In my example I have only 5 values but in my application I have hundred values that contain "75".

I have tried to change behavior of the listbox without effect.

I have tried to enclose search by double quotes without effect.

I have tried "=75" but it doesn't work

I have tried to search ">=75<=75" and it works, but I don't want to use a such complicated search string.

Same question for a case sensitive search, is it possible ?

Thanks a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Have you tried using () around the value ? Try (75) in the listbox and see what result you will get.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Listbox Properties > General > Default Search Mode = "Use Normal Search". Not sure about case-sensitive though.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable

Have you tried using () around the value ? Try (75) in the listbox and see what result you will get.

nstefaniuk
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks but it doesn't work in my version 11.2.12018.0 SR3 64 bits.

I have tried this option of course but

"75" and "75*" retrieves same values:

"*75" retrieves:

But with a button a search on "75" select only 1 value.

In attachement please found a file that shows that I select 3 lines when I search for "75".

Thanks

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Errr....I can't explain that.  Doesn't look like normal behaviour to me. I'd raise that one with QT support and see what they say.

nstefaniuk
Creator III
Creator III
Author

ok with "(75)" it works, I have tried =(75) but the "=" was unvalid.

But am I crazy or the behavior has changed ? It seems to me that just "75" works in normal search.

Thanks anyway

Not applicable

I did a small test and its the same behavior in v10 & 11.00 as you see in v11.20 SR3

nstefaniuk
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ok thanks, so it means I am going crazy and my memory is wrong.