Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

23. I have an object , Lets say 2 bar charts and 1 straight table , Now if i make a selection on the straight table i want only 1 bar chart to be visible . how can you do this in qlikview?

hi,

1. 1. I have an object , Lets say 2 bar charts and 1 straight table , Now if i make a selection on the straight table i want only 1 bar chart to be visible . how can you do this ?

ple can anyone answer this question.

Regards:

Madhu

5 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

On every object , on the layout tab there is a show/conditional expression that will hide the object unless the condition is met.

There is no way to figure out if a selection is made in  chart per se, but you can capture if a selection is made in a field (and trigger a variable change that would hide an object) and you can count the number of selections that have been made in a field (using getselectedcount(FieldName)) which could also cause an object to hide.

Challenge is to figure out if you want it hidden when any selection on the field is made, just one value etc.. etc...

Not applicable
Author

thanks jonathan I need your help jonathan .can you explain with examples .can you send example jonathan because

I dont clearly understand your answer.

Regards:

Madhu

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Madhu,

Let us assume that you are displaying Dimension1 and Dimension2 in your straight table.

Now in Bar chart try like this to hide if any selections are made in Straight table

Bar Chart Properties -> Layout -> Show Conditional  and give below expression

=Len(GetFieldSelections(Dimension1) = 0 AND Len(GetFieldSelections(Dimension2) = 0

Now whenever you select any values in this dimensions the chart will hide.

Note : Qlikview dont have OnClick event of a Chart object, so to overcome this we are using GetFieldSelections(), whenever you select any values in a Dimension this function will return the selected values.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Madhu,

If you got the Solution please close this thread.

Regards,

Jagan.