Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

A link between two tables - works - still, in a diagram, it doesn't ...

Hi,

in an app I'm currently working on, I have a chart with several dimensions where all the fields so far come from one table.

I have now modified the script so that, through a series of JOINs (adding more data from other tables), the final table still has only as many records as the diagram displays - more are not necessary.

Now I want to join one field from another table - a link between those two tables works (I always test with linking the tables first, before joining them) and I have seen in a small auxiliary diagram I have made that every key_field in my primary table has a match - and only one match - in the other table.

I am just running it again, loading the key_field with another alias in either table so I can check whether it really does match.

<=> Still, it is not displayed in my diagram. And I wonder why - as I said, there are several dimensions, but the one I used as key_field in my auxiliary diagram is the one with the finest granularity, so to speak.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

As mostly, sharing the script would be immensely difficult since it uses data files from our QlikView_installation. No secrets here, but it is a lot of data I have to compute.

Thanks!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Can you show the table?

Do one of them are on the left one on the right?

Are you sore they are both numeric?

What do you mean by diagram?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

How did you make the key_field.

Compare both of the keys in term of field used and symbols used between those fields.

Could you post them those keys,please?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hello Robert,

both fields are numeric integer fields like 1164735 - numbers only. Both are unique in their respective table and have an "information density" of 100% - only my primary table has 0.09% of all possible values while the other table has 99% ... so it should work actually - well, I will go on testing tomorrow. I have meddled with this report all day to make sure that the nr. of records in my table does not explode with the JOINs. My brain is starting to become a bit meddly ...

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Can you show the table?

Do one of them are on the left one on the right?

Are you sore they are both numeric?

What do you mean by diagram?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

thanks for the answers!

I just learnt from IT that this table has only just been installed on our system as a patch - on September 16 ... so, for all items (packages) that have a Date before that, there will quite logically not be a match in that table ...

I will look at the issue again from that angle and see if, on newer items, there is a value there.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

HTH.

Let us know if your problem has been solved.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Mika,

I'm just testing that again - there was something else yesterday - but it seems that, since that field is empty for all items older than a few days, JOINing the table does not work and will break the LOAD. Can that be? In that case, I'll just link the tables for now and make a note that it can be joined in a few months.

Best regards,

DataNibbler