Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

AJAX client once again - settings of objects not applied

Hi,

[sorry, I have actually already posted this, but it is at the end of a rather longish thread, with a few posts by myself in front which makes the whole thing a bit difficult]

I have quite a simple problem:

=> For one new app I have developed, there are two hourglasses (text_boxes with a jpg as background) and a number of "balls"

inside (text_boxes that I have set to be circular via the "rounded corners" functionality in the dialog (radius relative, set to 100%)

<=> This setting is seemingly ignored by the AJAX client: The users of our apps all view them via the browser (IE) currently and it

doesn't seem to work: In the Browser, all the text_boxes were squares again.

Is there some setting that has to be adjusted so that changes of that kind are reflected in AJAX?

Otherwise, we might have to revisit the installation of the client on that machine, which will be problematic because it is rather old and I'm not sure that QlikView would be very performant there - it might be possible for just this one app if I keep it small, but then they'd have two methods to view QlikView_apps and I foresee some measure of confusion there ...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: They have IE 8 - maybe a newer version would do this?

P.P.S.: Nope - I have IE9 here and it's the same - in the AccessPoint I see the apps with the round text_boxes - but once I actually open it, they are square.

Their machine has 3 Ghz and barely 1 GB of RAM. That seems quite critical for installing the QlikView_client. Can any of you tell me any particulars about that?

P.P.S.: Can you tell me which version of the client that machine is most likely to support? It doesn't have to be the most current one - any version that will support those enhanced object_settings will do I guess. There is, after all, no question of editing the app on that machine, but only displaying it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

yes, XP is not supported.
And IE8 does not support rounded corners at all.

So either use another browser or upgrade or don't rely on rounded corners.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Not applicable

CSS3 Borders

So rounded borders work from IE9 upwards.But make sure your docmode is IE9 also.
There's a setting in the IE options that loads intranet pages in compatibility mode what would cause such a behavior.

Hope this helps

Colin-Albert

What version of QV is the server running?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Lars,

that setting sounds very good. I don't know where that is, but I'll ask our IT_guys, they should know.

Thanks a lot!

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Colin,

the server is now running the most current version - 11.2 with SR9 if I remember rightlý.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks Lars!

I'll see. That post looks like some kind of "internal operation" in IE - doesn't look like the kind of thing IT would want or allow anyone here to do.

I'll start with having IT install IE 9 on that machine and then we'll see if it works or if we have to tweak anything else.

So maybe don't bother posting any more answers for the moment - I'll report back to you as soon as that is done and I want to look further into this matter.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: But I have IE9 already - not the most up-to-date, but okay. So it seems like this setting is activated. Let's see ...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Lars,

I have just now visited the second link you have posted and tried all three of those methods - funnily, the "developer options" are accessible, so I tried every BrowserMode that I have available - 7, 8, 9 and 9_in_Compat_mode - to no avail. I also had a look at the DocMode - that is set to IE9, that's the default, and I also tried the others.

So, now I'm unsure: When it doesn't work on my machine with IE9 installed, then getting IT to install IE9 on that machine will probably not solve the problem. It still looks like an update will be needed, but I'd rather be sure about the way to a solution first ...

Not applicable

I guess I know what you mean ..
Just set it up like you did.
The text areas have a rounded corner in Ajax ... but that is a fixed value of 7.
Workaround: Set them to Fixed and enter a high value.

Hope this helps

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Cool!

But which of the two do you mean?

In the dialog, there is an edit_field for "XX degrees" and below, there is the thing for "radius" that you can set to "fixed" and to a value of "XX pt."

And why on earth is that set to a fixed value in AJAX - I take it that is nothing that the AJAX_client decides, but rather QlikView passes the page to AJAX with that setting ...

P.S.: Up to now - I'm just experimenting with different combinations - on my own laptop, but in the Browser and client alternately. I haven't hit upon one that works yet. The browser does display rounded corners, but the form is still much closer to square than to round ...