Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piotrekd
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Accumulation Problem (Bar Chart)

Hi,

error loading image

Can anybody explain me why calculations from my bar chart are different from what i excpect to see ?

I want to see current difference between years in accumulation mode. Value is correct only for first quarter.

Example application in attachment. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks, Piotr

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
piotrekd
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I've found solution - more complex but working.

I disabled accumulation option for all expressions and use Above() function to accumulate values in the same way.

I think that accumulation option caused the problem, because calculation of expression was performed for every value of dimension (Q1, Q2..) and the results were summed.

Expressions are not so simple as it could be using accumulation mode in chart, so if somebody know simpler solution (simpler expressions or other solution) to obtain such an effect as above, please let me know.

File with my solution in attachment.

Regards, Piotr

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi buddy,

I guess that your informations are accumulated.
Look on graphic properties - expression - Accumulate (on down and left of window).

bye

piotrekd
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Yes, it is accumulated because I expect this kind of analysis, but %Change is not correct.

In Q2 it should be 34,09% instead 68,33%.

If I uncheck accumulation I would see only comparison of single quarters, but I need comparison of accumulated data.

Regards,

Piotr

piotrekd
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I've found solution - more complex but working.

I disabled accumulation option for all expressions and use Above() function to accumulate values in the same way.

I think that accumulation option caused the problem, because calculation of expression was performed for every value of dimension (Q1, Q2..) and the results were summed.

Expressions are not so simple as it could be using accumulation mode in chart, so if somebody know simpler solution (simpler expressions or other solution) to obtain such an effect as above, please let me know.

File with my solution in attachment.

Regards, Piotr