Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Actual year and month selected by default on a view of Qlikview

Hello, My name is Natacha De la Rosa, I'm from Dominican Republic and i'm beggining to develop with qlikview.

So this is my question, I have a view that is displayed by year and month, and I want to put by default selected the actual year and month. Is that posible? and if the answer is yes. How can begin with that?

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Like I said in the last sentence of my previous message. It's probably because yours formats don't match. wou will need to adapt varMonth to your month format. could you tell us if you use the long name, the short name, the number month??

Not applicable
Author

I use the number month, how could I adapt the format to the variable.

Not applicable
Author

there are a lot of date functions, you will find it in the reference manual. for exemple you can take your month number, make a date with that and apply Month().

It's depend of your variable MonthNames.

You have to lookng for in the manual to find witch one is adapt to your case.

Not applicable
Author

EvaPOLINI, thanks you very much!!!! I did it !

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Also just started developing in QlikView. Following the above I have set a variable of current financial yesr as the selection on opening.  I presume that with a variable for the previous financial year I should be able to open with both previous and current year selected.  What statement would I need in the search string to combine the two variables.

Thanks for any help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi  Gareth,

sorry for the delay,

Could you confirm to me something. You try to open your app with 2 values selected in the Year (CY, PY).

Am I right?

Cheers,

Eva

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eva

That is correct. I have established how a variable can be set in the trigger but I want to open the app with two variables, CY and PY, active.

Many thanks,

Gareth

tel: 01206 746530

email: gareth.rees@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk<mailto:gareth.rees@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk>

secure email: gareth.rees2@nhs.net<mailto:gareth.rees2@nhs.net>