Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add aggregation line to existing Table Box

Hi

I have an existing Table Box with some Revenue field. I would like to add one row with the total revenue over all rows in the table.

Is it possible and how ?

tks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then you'll have to post an example document. I cannot read minds so I have no idea what you're really doing.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

11 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can't use aggregation functions in a table box. Use a chart (straight table or pivot table or some other) instead.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can't be done. Use a straight table or pivot table (recommended). Or (not recommended) abuse a text object to display the aggregation result and format it nicely and line it up with the table box.

Not applicable
Author

thanks, pivot works fine.

I want the sum of revenues for all portfolios. I go to Add calculated dimension -> aggregation Sum and field Revenue -> Paste and i get the message error that is enclosed.

Could you tell me how to proceed ?

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add the portfolio field as dimension, use sum(Revenue) as expression. Then on the Presentation tab select the dimension and enable the option Show Partial Sums.

Not applicable
Author

i think i am doing exactly as you describe. and i am having this error message : (

actually, i am adding the dimensions as in the snapshot i enclose. i also enclose snapshot for selection in 'add ...'

do you have an idea ?

besides, even without the aggregation, i do not get the pivot table with the dimensions as chosen in the snapshot: i get a one row one column table with 'portfolio' label. is not the appropriate way to get the pivot table ?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't think so. You mentioned a calculated dimension. That is what is causing your error. Add the field you want to aggregate over as a normal dimension. Don't add an expression as a calculated dimension. Add it as an expression on the Expressions tab.

Not applicable
Author

thanks

same error occurs when i am entering the expression in the expression tab...

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then you'll have to post an example document. I cannot read minds so I have no idea what you're really doing.

Not applicable
Author

i cannot rapidly since i cannot share the data. thanks anyway