Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Not applicable

Adjusting bar sizes

Hello,

I have a number of time-series bar charts that I am using a continuous x-axis for - for the purpose of being able to set a static max and min value. This works well, except my bars have become very skinny.

The bars look normal if I deselect 'Continuous' for my x-axis, but then I do not have the option for setting a static min and max value.

Is there a solution for either a) adjusting the bar widths when my x-axis is continuous (this seems to be disabled) or b) setting a min and max value when my axis is not continuous.

Thank you for your help!

Mel

3 Replies

Re: Adjusting bar sizes

You can use variables for the min and max settings. You could use a slider object to set the values of these variables. The interval created in the slider by the user would then be reflected in the x-axis of your chart. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Hi Gysbert,

Thank you for the example, an interesting approach! Though it's not exactly what I'm after in this instance.

My problem is that I need a static min and max, therefore I have to have Continuous checked. Please do correct me if I am wrong here. Because I have to have Continuous checked on my Axes tab, the options to adjust the Bar Distance is disabled:

Is there a workaround for this - having BOTH the option to set a min and max, and the option to set Bar Distance.

Many thanks,

Mel

I don't know of any such workaround.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Community Browser