Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggr and Set analysis

Will somebody help me with the following situation?

For each contract I want to have the sum of the contract value -->  sum(aggr(_Amount_Fields),Field_Number)

This sum of contract value I want to present it cumulative in time (from current month till future months) with:

Sum({< Flag Rolling Months={1}>}0.0000000001)

+

Sum(aggr( {< Flag Rolling Months={1} >} _Amount_Fields),Field_Number)    --> What is the right way?

Example values:

June:        15.000

August:       5.000

December: 2.000

The end result will be:

JuneJulyAugSeptOctNovDec
15.00015.00020.000 (+5.000)20.00020.00020.00022.000 (+2.000)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You must have an agregation expression inside your AGGR() function

sum( {< Flag Rolling Months={1} >} aggr(sum( {< Flag Rolling Months={1} >} _Amount_Fields),Field_Number))

I recommed this post: Set Analysis in the Aggr function and this Pitfalls of the Aggr function

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You must have an agregation expression inside your AGGR() function

sum( {< Flag Rolling Months={1} >} aggr(sum( {< Flag Rolling Months={1} >} _Amount_Fields),Field_Number))

I recommed this post: Set Analysis in the Aggr function and this Pitfalls of the Aggr function

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Neither Aggr() nor set analysis are required to do this. Do you want to this in the front end or in script? In the front end, something like this expression in a table with month as the dimension:

=RangeSum(Above(Sum(_Amount_Fields), 0, Rowno()))

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your fast reply! This is the result of your solution. How can I present the 15.000 also in the coming months Dec 2017 till dec 2018?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your fast reply. This is the result of your solution. In this example I have 15.000 in November 2017. From this period I want to present the 15.000 in the coming months Dec 2017 till dec 2018? How can I do this?

A solution in script is also welcome!

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

It would be easier if you share a sample of your app

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Seeing that you have miltipe dimensions, you will get better results with

=RangeSum(Above(total Sum(_Amount_Fields), 0, Rowno()))

or

=RangeSum(Before(total Sum(_Amount_Fields), 0, Colno()))

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rubenmarin

Hi Enza, can you try this expression?:

If(RowNo()=1,

RangeSum(Before(Sum([_Amount_Fields]), 0, ColumnNo())),

Above(Last(RangeSum(Before(Sum([_Amount_Fields]), 0, ColumnNo())))) +  RangeSum(Before(Sum([_Amount_Fields]), 0, ColumnNo()))

)

Edit:

To manage more than 2 years rows:

If(RowNo()=1,

RangeSum(Before(Sum(V), 0, ColumnNo())),

RangeSum(Above(Last(RangeSum(Before(Sum(V), 0, ColumnNo()))), 1, RowNo())) +  RangeSum(Before(Sum(V), 0, ColumnNo()))

)

idogridish2
Creator II
Creator II

hi enzazaden,

i  think the problem is that you are using a pivot table and switching the places of the dimensions year and month,

the problem is the rowno() function that when switching the dimension places changed her value

(if you add an expression with rowno() in it you will see that it returns unexpected values not like 1,2,3...)

i believe that the solution is to build a new table using group by and order by year and month.

may be you can provide a sample data..

Best

Ido.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This code works!  Pitfalls of the Aggr function describes the combination of two dimensions.  

sum( {< Flag Rolling Months={1} >} aggr(_Amount_Fields),Field_Number,MonthYear))

Everybody thanks for helping me!