Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Align x axis labels with bars of vertical bar chart?

Hi,

Been flogging what I would have thought was elementary to do but I've tried most of the chart properties settings to no avail. Excel does this type of thing automatically. Searching QV forums hasnt brought resolution. Running QV10SR4

I have simple bar chart. How can I get the x axis labels to align with the centre of its respective plotted bar - at the moment the chart is effectively unreadable because the bars don't align with their corresponding labels.

I created the bar chart using defaults for everything as far as possible. If I change the chart type to line, the data points align perfectly with the label.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks you got me on the right track, with some more trial and error I figured it out. I had the 2 chart dimensions both in the Dimensions and in the Expressions.

When I placed the X-axis only field (WCL) in the Dimensions and the Y-axis only field (UnCutDays) in the Expression, I get a plot that works as expected.

QlikView x64 - [X40 MODELSProductionReport_XLfixed.jpg

Thanks for your assistance. Issue now resolved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It seems that you have more than one expression..?

If its true then you must have to check that the expression have 0 values or not. If they have o value then thats the reason for such a look, cause every expression has a space for that on every dimension, and due to 0 value you can not see them.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for a very prompt reply. You're right I do have 2 expressions but even if I reduce it to one I get the same misaligned results.

OK lets try this as a self-contained worked example then. If I keep it all in house and I create an inline table with the data I want to plot:

Data:

LOAD * INLINE [

WCL,UncutDays

L01, 0

L02, 2

L03, 1.9

L04, 0.9

L05, 1.7

L06, 0.4

];

Now I create a basic table and bar chart object (as much left default as possible) I get this (see attached)

Edit Expression_2012-02-06_15-10-35.jpg

Bars still not aligned with X-axis labels. Any more ideas? Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks you got me on the right track, with some more trial and error I figured it out. I had the 2 chart dimensions both in the Dimensions and in the Expressions.

When I placed the X-axis only field (WCL) in the Dimensions and the Y-axis only field (UnCutDays) in the Expression, I get a plot that works as expected.

QlikView x64 - [X40 MODELSProductionReport_XLfixed.jpg

Thanks for your assistance. Issue now resolved.