Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

dhanavindhan
Contributor

Allocated Memory Issue

Hi,

I am facing this issue "Allocated Memory Exceeded" when I try to open one of the Pivot table in Qlikview sheet. I tried my level best to sort this issue but I couldn't. If any one know better solution to resolve this please enlighten me to sort this out.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
vvvvvvizard
Contributor III

Re: Allocated Memory Issue

One of the reasons this may occir is if there are data islands in the table structure . Does your table use a field that belongs to a data island?

dhanavindhan
Contributor

Hi Yusuuf,

Thank u for ur reply. I don't understand what is "Data island" are u mentioning "Data Model"?

supriyabiware
Contributor

i think the error can happen even when you expression has syntax errors!

there is something about the if condition - kindly check syntax again

=if(condition 1 or condition 2, exp1, exp2)

Thanks

Supriya

dhanavindhan
Contributor

Hi Supriya,

Thnq for ur quick reply. The thing is if I am loading this table with limit load it works perfectly. I am getting this allocated memory issue only when I reload full data. If expression was wrong how it works in limit load, is there any other cause or pls highlight me the expression area.

Regards,

Dhana

supriyabiware
Contributor

ok how much is your data ?

check for RAM available as well. if limited load is working i think the RAM might be an issue.

There are too many if-loops within your expressions especially in the type of sum(if(... instead of if(...sum(... whereby I don't suggest to re-write them in this way else a far better way would be to use set analysis. The logic and syntax are a bit more complex as with the if-loops but in the long-term you will definitely need this knowledge. Here is a very good starting point for this task: A Primer on Set Analysis.

- Marcus

dhanavindhan
Contributor

Thank you for your valuable reply, Marcus.

Community Browser