Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alternate States - using Expressions

Hi All,

I have a Line /Bar Chart - using the bars to show my current forecast and the line to show one from a set of  previous forecasts. To allow the user to select which previous to select I set up two list boxes for ForecastVersion. I then added the following expression to enable the first state (Forecast1).

Sum({Forecast1 <Measure ={'Printer Sales'}>}Data)

I have a similar expression for Forecast2. My problem now is that I can't use any of my other Measures such as, Region, Year, Market etc..  Can anyone help me to understand how to set up my expression to allow selection of these other measures to affect my chart? I've tried setting these other measures to Inherited and Default but to no avail

Thanks

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

To reflect other fields on this

try this

Sum({Forecast1 <Measure ={'Printer Sales'},Region=$:: Region,Year=$:: Year,Market = $:: Market >}Data)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

To reflect other fields on this

try this

Sum({Forecast1 <Measure ={'Printer Sales'},Region=$:: Region,Year=$:: Year,Market = $:: Market >}Data)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for tha Mohit, I actuall had it right initially but forgot that I had renamed the Dimension- duh

dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

or this to have all selections included for an intersection

Sum({$*[Forecast1] <Measure ={'Printer Sales'} >}Data)

Dirk