Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alternative Bar Chart Presentation

Hi,

I am wondering if the way I want to show a bar chart is doable in qlikview. In the attached app you will see a typical bar chart qv renders. Now, what I want to do is the following:

1- All bars should have the same color for the same customer. So, Customer A bars should all be, say, blue. Customer B bars should all be red, and so on.

2- On the x-axis, I want to display the date labels for each bar above the customer x-axis label- so the date labels will repeat in the x-axis for each group of customer bars.

Can this be done?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I think you could use trellis chart and the following expression for the background

Color(match([Customer Name], $(=chr(39) & Concat(DISTINCT {1}[Customer Name],chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)) & chr(39))))

Regards,
Sergey

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Dennis,

It would be great if you share your vision in excel or just as a picture.

Regards,

Sergey

Regards,
Sergey
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Dennis,

Did you try just promote Date dimension?

Regards,

Sergey

Regards,
Sergey
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

This can be easily doable..

1. goto expression >click on plus sign > Background> Color(match(customer,'name1','name2','name3'.....))

2. you can write an expression to get the date and uncheck the Bar option in expression tab and check option for Text on Axis.

HTH

Sushil

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I think you could use trellis chart and the following expression for the background

Color(match([Customer Name], $(=chr(39) & Concat(DISTINCT {1}[Customer Name],chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)) & chr(39))))

Regards,
Sergey
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please Date as first dimension, please find attached file.

Regards,

jagan.