cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternative for Synchronised Scrolling in 2 Charts in QlikView

Hi Team,

My Requirement is to show Images, Also show Link to View the Stored Images separately and also to be able to Select Images which the User Desire.

I have Hundreds of Images which are stored on a Local Server Drive and I have used Straight Table to get Images and also the Link to View Images separately but I am not able to Select Multiple Images with a Ctrl function. Image we wanting to Select First and 200th Image which is not possible using this Straight Table. Giving a List Box to Select the Image makes no Business sense since it would have a Non-Business Name like 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg and hence cannot be Selected based on ImageName.

So, I used a List Box which will have ImageName represented as LED Checkbox and the Actual Image. I then placed the Link in a separate Straight Table and kept these these Controls beside each other. From the Post Simultaneous Scrolling in two charts I understand that Gysbert has replied that It is not Possible. However, Can you kindly look at my Dummy example attached alongwith and suggest if I could have some alternatives to achieve this Requirement .

Attaching the DummyData_Images&URL&CheckBox.qvw and the 8 Dummy Images I used. Kindly consider to help me.

Thanks.

Kuldeep.

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can simply do one thing.

If you can give a proper name to image, you can create a straight table as you have created and then go to presentation tab -> select the dimension (Image Name) and check the box " Drop Down Select".

Once you do this, a drop down will be available in header and then user can do multiple random selection as they want.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for the Help. I will discuss it with Business if I can put in some Logic to give meaningful names to the Images that way They will be able to Select the Images via the DropDown you mentioned.

Will wait if there are other SUggestions also on this Forum.

Thanks.

Kuldeep.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

In fact, if you just unhide your dimenlsion, multi-selection is feasible in straight table (select and drag). Even without a meaningful name, if you just keep the image number (removing extension) would not be a bad idea, I guess. Just add another expression to show the image alongside the link, like:

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Treseco,

Thanks for the Reply.

- Regarding "multi-selection is feasible in straight table (select and drag)"

With Select and Drag, I can Select All 1 to 8 Images But How can I Select ONLY Image 1.jpg and 8.jpg. Similarly,        User will not be able to make Random Selections like 2 and 8, 3 and 7 and so on.

- Regarding "Just add another expression to show the image alongside the link, like"

Presently I have ImageName and the Actual Image as Dimension and Link as Expression. I assume you want me to bring the ImageName as an additional Expression appearing before Link. I did not see any Value since it is still the same unless I did not understand it correctly. Kindly attach changed qvw incase you meant something else.

Thanks.

Kuldeep.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If 'random'- selection is the issue, then you are right. In that case, Kaushik's solution above would be more viable solution.