Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

oscarmqz
Contributor III

Apply condition to bar chart dimension total

Hi,

Does anyone know as a way to conditionally show/hide a dimension total in a bar chart?

My dimension is Region (AMS,EMEA,APJ), in dimension limits tab properties of the chart, I've got checked "show total" label = WW

The problem is, I'm using section access for the region, therefore I want to hide WW total when they are restricted to just 1 region, because if it shows up, will show the same number as filtered region, and the user gets confused.

Here's an example if they are restricted to just "EMEA"

claims.png

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlbertoV
Contributor III

Re: Apply condition to bar chart dimension total

Hello Oscar,

I don't think it's possible to conditionally show/hide the 'Total bar' however what I have done in the past to get around this is to overlay 2 charts, 1 with the Total and the other without. Then use a simple count(DISTINCT Region)>1 to show/hide the object (on the layout tab).

Hope this helps...

2 Replies
AlbertoV
Contributor III

Hello Oscar,

I don't think it's possible to conditionally show/hide the 'Total bar' however what I have done in the past to get around this is to overlay 2 charts, 1 with the Total and the other without. Then use a simple count(DISTINCT Region)>1 to show/hide the object (on the layout tab).

Hope this helps...

oscarmqz
Contributor III

Thanks Alberto, I never thought of that trick.

Community Browser