Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automated Export of table

I have a table object on a tab in my QLV dashboard.  What I wanted to be able to do is to use a button action to perform an automated Export to Excel (Send to Excel).  I can use the icon on the title bar but user complain that this is too small and potentially located off the screen real estate forcing a scroll first.

I was hoping to be able to get to the Send to Excel method of the Table Object through the action editor but did not see a way.  Our enterprise does not allow Macros to be used.

Is there a way to do this?

The Export action does some of it, however it creates a CSV and not XLS file

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think there aren't any inbuilt features to achieve this. If you used AJAX it might be possible to change the size of the icons with an extension.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can simply right click the object and then select Send to Excel.

Doing this there is no "small icon" to click nor scrolling.  Simple quick and easy, and I find End Users to be very happy with this.

pra_kale
Creator III
Creator III

Yes..If Macros are not allowed then Right click on the object and then send to excel is a Good option.

marcus_sommer

I agree and I use respectively let use these approach for the most of our objects for that reason alone that many of them haven't an object-title.

- Marcus

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Check this,

Export QlikView data to Excel without Macros -Vizubi: Office and HTML Report Creation and Distributi...

-Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”