cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Background color for pivot table cells with MISSING values

Hi guys,

I have a pivot table and an expression for setting cells' its background color. It's just RED(), unconditionally.

Unfortunately, the MISSING values ignore my color and take the default one - white.

It is possible to override the default color for the expression by setting CUSTOM FORMAT CELL. But that is not a solution when I have many expression which I want to color differently according to dimension values.

The question is: how to make Qlikview consider the background color expression also for MISSING cells?

Thanks in advance.

Valera

27 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

on top of your Expression use numsum() // return the sum of numeric values.

this will help you. because if there is value the function return the value if the it is null or missing it will return 0.

kindly try this.

example :

numsum( <your expression>)

numsum(sum(orders))

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

this will help you. because if there is value the function return the value if the it is null or missing it will return 0.

kindly try this.

example :

numsum(sum(orders))

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

kindly try this.

example :

numsum(sum(orders))

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

kindly try this.

example :

numsum(sum(orders))

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am having the same problem with my dashboard.

I followed your 'format pattern' approach, suppressed the Zero values and and got actually pretty nice results. I have attached a before/after screenshot of my table. I still need to find a solution for the empty rows an columns at the bottom an right side of the table. It might be a mapping problem I am currently not aware of. I didn't have that problem before using 'format pattern'.

Does anybody have an idea where else that could come from?

Before:

1.png

After:

2.png

Not applicable
Author

I am also still struggling for same.. yet not found any solution for same

vcanale
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,
In a pivot or straigth table chart you can:

View --> Enable the grid.. right click a cell and use Custom Format Cell

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Valeriy,

For null values, Not possible. But where the expression value is zero then you can arrange the color for specific suppress values.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful