cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Background colour on an expression in a pivot table

Hi

I have an existing pivot table which I want to add an expression to the pivot table "Totale antal per..".

This new expression should be formatted just like the existing expression "Totale antal EKA resultater". So "Totale antal per..". should have the same gray background colour as the expression "Totale antal EKA resultater" - and the numbers should be bold.

I have tried to spot where in the properties box I can do this, but without any luck.

When I click on the expressions tab and choose "background color" for the existing variable, it does not show me any formatting:

I hope anyone can help me?

Kind Regards Maria

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

why don't you just copy your existing Expression (with the formating you want to ovetake)?

select your Expression, right mouse click, copy

right mouse again and paste, Change Expression to your liking

if paste is grayed, Position Cursor elsewhere in expressions and right mouse, paste should be available

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use =white() as expression for the Background Color setting.

You can change text to bold by using the Text Format setting and use ='<B>' as expression for that setting.

If you want to change these settings only for total levels then you can use the dimensionality() or secondarydimensionality() function. Something like =if(Dimensionality()=0, '<B>')

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

why don't you just copy your existing Expression (with the formating you want to ovetake)?

select your Expression, right mouse click, copy

right mouse again and paste, Change Expression to your liking

if paste is grayed, Position Cursor elsewhere in expressions and right mouse, paste should be available

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It Works! Thanks for the answer, I really didn't think of that.

It's just still annoying that I still do not know how the formatting is made.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

just for test try to insert rgb(255,0,0) in the Background Color of your expression

that should Show in red Background

does it work?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes it Works! So I just have to find the right gray colour

I still wonder why there have not been filled rgb colors in the expression which already had a gray background - I just can't see where the formatting is done.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it is good practise to define your Colors (corporate Colors) using variables.

Yo can use the variable. If customer wants to Change Color, you only Need

to Change it once (in variable).