cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mholey234
Contributor
Contributor

Bar Chart y-axis meet x-axis

Somewhat new to this and could not find any similar articles.

I have a list in column A that have multiple values. I'm trying to create a bar graph where the x-axis is any unique values in column A. Y-axis is to be a total count if that unique value shows up. I've created something in excel, attached, to show what I'm trying to depict as the final graph; however, I'm unable to do it in Qlikview.  Any help would be great, thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry I missed that there were multiples on some rows of the input data. Split them up using SubField when you load:

LOAD SubField(Interests, ',') as Interests
FROM [Qlikview Help.xlsx]
(
ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Raw Data]);

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Load the data. 

2. Dimension is Interests.

3. Expression is Count(Interests)

-Rob

mholey234
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the reply Rob. I've tried that and my x-axis have more than one unique value, example would be "Lincoln,KFC,AmericanAir,Dunkin,AmericanAir,Jimmyjohns,Enterprise,Anheiser". What I'm trying to do is have each interest as a unique value in the x-axis and would count 1 if it shows up in column A; example below.

I also tried having multiple expressions like "count({<[Interests]="*KFC*">}){Interests}" but doesn't work.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry I missed that there were multiples on some rows of the input data. Split them up using SubField when you load:

LOAD SubField(Interests, ',') as Interests
FROM [Qlikview Help.xlsx]
(
ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Raw Data]);

-Rob