Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Bar chart - how to create several groups of stacked columns?

Hi,

I'm just experimenting again with a pure bar chart where I have the option of stacking columns.

=> I have three sets of two figures each with one figure being smaller than the other, like that:

- Booked: 5

- Taken: 3

=> Thus, I'd like to stack the "Taken" onto the "Booked" - but every set individually.

Can I do that in any way?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want groups of stacked bars you'll need three dimensions with one expression in your chart or two dimensions with more than one expression.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Please check the attachment.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I guess that means I cannot do it that way. My dimension is "day" - that is the connection between every table and the master_calendar. I cannot make several separate dimensions - I'd have to generate two more master_calendars which would make the data_model overly complicated and redundant.

Then I'll just have to make do with a multi_diagram again.

Thanks a lot anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Manish,

thanks for the help!

However, that is what I can currently do - in your chart, too, there is only one group of stacked expressions per dimension_point. I would need a way to display three such groups simultaneously.

Thanks anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Is this you are looking for?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Manish,

no. I only want to stack to columns on one another - but I want three groups_of_two on every dimension_point - side by side.

Never mind. We'll have to live with the fact that some things just cannot be done.