Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar charts side by side

Hi,

I try to get something like on attached screen (Screen.png) - a few bar charts side by side, with "common scale", and I have a problem with that. If someone could help me, I would be grateful.

I set everything like on the screen. I have 4 bar charts side by side, everyone has defined Static Min and Static Max (0 and 1) in Axes tab, only first chart has numbers on scale and it looks just like on the screen.

Please, see attached QV file (it's a simpler example, only with 2 charts, but it shows what's going on).

The problem is, that if you choose another dimension (in my example file it is AnotherDimension=2), then you "turn on" some projects with longer names, and then QV changes first chart (it is lower) and scales on both charts do not match.

Is there any way to solve this?

I mean to force QV not to move X-Axis when dimension labels change?

I don't want to "Limit Legend (Characters)", because I have enough place on dashboard and whole labels are important.

Regards,

Bartek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

when on the chart, hold down Control and Shift and adjust the axis space as required to match the other chart. If you do so, QV will not change it again automatically.

See attached

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try Trellis.  Add Country as the first dimension, and use it for Trellis.  Remove set from expression.

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Bartłomiej - It is not possible to stick to the x-axis without trimming the # of characters due to the default properties of Charts.However, you can switch to the '-' view if you think it is possible to get the dimensions displayed in one chart managing the real estate.

ChartProperties.PNG

Not applicable
Author

I tried to do it using Trellis, but I couldn't get proper effect.

In my application I have more than 10 projects for every country and I turned on X-Axis Scrollbar - on trellis I can't do it.

Also, when I turned on Trellis on my example app, it looked awfully - charts are very small, and everyone has all ProjectNames on it (half is empty, becouse there are from other country).

I must get something like on the screen from my question-post - that is the requirement, and I can't do it using Trellis...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but "-" view is completely unreadable. Like on the screen, bars are thin (and they have to be) but ProjectNames are very long. If I could "wrap" this dimension labels I could try to go this way, but I think it is also not possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The best I was able to come up with is to standardize the length.  Say, the max length is 30, so if the actual length is 15 - add 14 spaces and a dot at the end (all spaces don't work as you'd like them).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Correction:

Previously I tried adding space after the text - but it looks much better this way, no dots needed:

='                         ' & ProjectName

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

when on the chart, hold down Control and Shift and adjust the axis space as required to match the other chart. If you do so, QV will not change it again automatically.

See attached

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, good idea.  In your example, it should be moved up on the right chart rather than down on the left, because the whole names must be visible.

Not applicable
Author

Works great, thank you very much