Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II

Bar offset when value from previous expression is null

Hi All,

I am trying to create a bar chart in which the bar height of second expression should start from the ending of bar from expression one and so on. In bar offset of second expression I have provided first expression and it works fine and I see that the bars are placed properly. But the problem is, when the expression value of first expression is null, then I do not see second expression bar. I only see the value of it. How can I write an expression in bar offset option to see the second bar even when the first expression value turns out to be null (or doesn't have any entry in that field)?

Any suggestions?

Bar Offset.PNG

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Here you are.... changed the bar offsets for the 3rd and the 6th expression by adding the bar offset of 2nd and 5th expressions to 3rd and 6th, respectively.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample?

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

PFA.

Thank you.

sunny_talwar

Check now

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Yes, that is what I wanted. But there is a small difference that I see here. In the attached image, third bar has to start from where the second bar ends. But I see that it starts from x-axis line. Is it possible to manipulate the expression and make the third bar start from the point where second bar ends?

Image1.PNG

Or is it possible to create the bars in below format?

Image2.PNG

Thank you.

sunny_talwar

Here you are.... changed the bar offsets for the 3rd and the 6th expression by adding the bar offset of 2nd and 5th expressions to 3rd and 6th, respectively.

Capture.PNG

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Perfect! Thank you very much