Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Best way to display a notes field in a chart?

Hi all,

I'm wondering what the best way to display a notes field int a straight table is. I want the display of the note expression in the chart to be optional as sometimes the length of the field can be large and would make the chart un-presentable.

In this specific case, the notes belong to purchase order lines and the rest of the chart shows things like who the buyer is, who the supplier is, the value of the line, the part number, the quantity ordered etc and ideally, if notes exist against the line, I would like a link to appear which when clicked would open up a text box containing the notes for that line.

I have experimented with info loads and I seem to be on the right lines but can't quite crack it and wondered if anyone else has a solution.

Look forward to hearing some suggestions,

Andy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Something like this?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Something like this?

richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try this

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I continue the previous post with the idea to show “Short text” but you can now add the limit dynamic in a variable

Not applicable
Author

Thanks AnToSe and Richard,

All great looking solutions. I came up with something similar myself while I was working on it last night. This will help me tidy it up though.

Thanks again.