Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Block chart with 2 dimensions

Hello,

I'm using a block chart with 2 dimensions. Linked to this chart is a table with the lines that are selected.

The first dimension is parameter X with the values A,B,C,D. The 2nd dimension is a boolean type (Yes or No).

When I click in the block chart, it just selects one dimension value, for example "Yes", it still shows all the values (A,B,C,D) from the first dimension.

Instead I would like to do a double selection, so when I click on Yes, in the subblock A, I only want to see the results that are 'Yes' and 'A'.

Is this possible, and if so, how do you do this?

Steven

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

As far as I understand,  a block chart is not spanned by two axis, it is composed of blocks of blocks, the larger / thicker blocks are 1. dimension, the second / thinner drawn blocks the second dimension. If you click on any segment, you kind of drill down on first dimension, another click will select / drill down on second dimension.

So it should be enough to first click on A, then on Yes to filter on the values you want.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

It might work if you create a field that combines the 2 dimensions.  This field would have the values ('A_Yes','A_No', 'B_Yes', 'B_No', etc.)  Replace your second dimension with this new field.  (I don't recommend it, but you can also try to use a calculated dimension.)  You can control the background color manually to color all the Yes's and No's the same.  This should give you the behavior you are looking for.

Karl