Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Not applicable

Calculated colors on bubble chart

I have created a bubble chart which shows a bubble for each patient in a population.  The x-axis shows the age of the patient and the y-axis shows their average costs.  I've added guide lines to the graphic to split the graph into quadrants.  I want to color the bubbles according to which quadrant they are in.

I've tried to just use simple calculated colors, like:

if(PMPM >= 2500, red(), green()), and

if(column(2) >= 2500, red(), green())

both of these calculations changed the color of all the bubbles to the else condition, in the above cases green().

What I really want is:

if(Age >= avg(All Age) and PMPM >= 2500, red(),

elseif(Age >= avg(All Age) and PMPM < 2500, green(),

elseif(Age < avg(All Age) and PMPM < 2500, blue(),

elseif(Age < avg(All Age) and PMPM >= 2500, yellow())

Capture.PNG

THANKS!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sebastiandperei
Valued Contributor

Re: Calculated colors on bubble chart

Where are you adding the code?

Please, in the Expressions Tab, at the first one, click on + symbol, and in Background Color, write the expression. I've tryed in your sample and it works.

What you want to make invisible?

3 Replies
sebastiandperei
Valued Contributor

Hi Boyer.

In first place, you could make a Variable with avg (Total Age), this will improve the calculation time, because it calculates only one time, not for every bubble.

In this case, I will name the variable as vAgeAvg (its contents is =Avg(Total Age).

In Color expression, you could try:

If(Age>=vAgeAvg,

If(PMPM>=2500, red(), green()),

if(PMPM>=2500, blue(), Yellow())

)

If it isnt the answer you need, please, send a reduced copy for better understanding.

Not applicable

I added your code, but now all the dots are being colored yellow because it's the else option in the if statements.

I can't add the extra expression to calculate the avg(Total Age) because it doesn't give me the option to make it invisible.

sebastiandperei
Valued Contributor

Where are you adding the code?

Please, in the Expressions Tab, at the first one, click on + symbol, and in Background Color, write the expression. I've tryed in your sample and it works.

What you want to make invisible?

Community Browser