Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculated dimension - restrict values shown on chart

Hi all

I have created a simple bar chart, but wish to restrict the values shown from my dimension. I am guessing that the way to do this is to use a calculated dimension expression, but not certain.

I am using QV v10.

As per the cahrt below I do not want to show the Title dimension values 'Trainee' and 'Others-Legal' in my chart. Is there a way to do this while keeping the values as per the chart for the remaining titles?

title.GIF

Thanks

Scott

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I believe there are two ways doing that on the front end;

Calculated dimension:

if(Title='Trainee'  or  'Others-Legal', null(), Title) and check supress when value is null

or this expression should provide similiar result:

sum( {<Title-={'Trainee'  ,'Others-Legal'} >}Expression)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Matthewsl

I used the calculated dimension of:

=if(Title='Trainee'  or  Title='Others-Legal', null(), Title) and checked the surpess when value is null option

The trainee and Others-legal titles are removed from the chart, but the figures for the remaining values are changed as a result. The chart below shows the outcome.

The same is true when using the restriction in the expression. What I am looking to do is to remove those titles and still keep the original values - as per the original figures on the chart picture in my original post.

title2.GIF

Any ideas?

Thx

Not applicable
Author

Can you post your expression? I assume its a division and it needs to be slighlty changed now that we nullified some values in the dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill

The expression I am using is

sum({<  f_same={'$(vSetSnapshot)'},[Practice Group]={'86 Asset Finance (RCLI)'}, Location={'001 London'} >}ChargeableTime)

Basically a pretty simple sum calculation.

Thanks

Scott