Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can Not Wrap Text In My Table Box

Help! What should be so simple is turning out to be so complicated. I created a simple Table Box. I have one field/column called Comments. The Comment field is quite large and hence the Table Box stretches out quite a ways off the screen so that I have to use scroll bars to see the whole thing. It looks awful. I simply want to restrict the width of the column, by using multiple lines to display each comment so that the text wraps and the column stays with the bounderies of the screen. I tried everything including unchecking size to data, checking wrap text header and cell, etc and nothing works. I still have this awful very long table box. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Robert,

Presentation tab, "Wrap Text" checkbox works fine for me.  I'm using QV 11 SR1.  Maybe there is a bug in your versoon(?).

If it doesn't work, try to replace the table box with the straight table, it looks the same.

Regards

Michael

Not applicable
Author

If you use a straight table, you have to put in at least one expression for anything to show.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sure - you can move at least one of your fields to expression.  Or create expression like "=1" and hide it.

There are many ways, it is not a problem to make straight table to look like a table box.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Most likely you are trying to adjust the size of the table object. Try re-sizing the column instead, attached is a sample with both a table box and a straight table.

If you are running ajax I think I have an extension object somewhere that does the same but allows you have a bit more flexibility when it comes to the amount of text displayed. The requirement back then was that we never knew how much text there would be in each record. Sometimes 5-10 lines, worst case up to 40. I can dig it out if you need it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am facing similar kind of problem..If I turn on the webview, wrap text is not working in Straigth Table..Is this a bug?

Regards,

Vidit Desai

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Alexander.

Can you dig it out for me please?

Thank you in advance.