Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Not applicable

Can anyone solve this---(How to use difference(Substraction) in calculated dimenssion)?

Hi All,

I have a dimenssion(Q8-Q1) which I want to modify as below:

DimenssionA-BA/B
Q81250%
Q72429%
Q62594%
Q5752%
Q46494%
Q34412%
Q23533%
Q14373%
Q5-Q1-36-21%

the last row showing difference of Q5 and Q1.

I have fields as A and B, and what you can see here (A-B, A/B) are calculated metrices. So, like A-B and A/B there are 20 others.

Why I am telling you the above things is b'coz i dont want to write expressions 9 times(Q8, Q7....Q1, Q5-Q1) for each calculated metric(A-B).

If anyone has any idea plzz let me know, any sort of help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sagar Gupta

9 Replies
suniljain
Honored Contributor

Re: How to use difference(Substraction) in calculated dimenssion?

can you provides details of business req on Q5-q1 ?. what will be other requires expression ?.

Not applicable

Hi Sunil,

You don't worry about rest of the expressions as it will be the same more or less, the only thing i want is to show Q5-Q1 values for all my calculated metrices.

It will be much better if you can be in my skype frnd list.

Regards

Sagar Gupta

Not applicable

check this (island table + calculated dimension)

*** expressions i made need to be rebuild to be correct  (i just show an idea)

Not applicable

Hi Pari,

Thanks for the reply.....

You have changed the expression according to my requirement, but i don't to change my expression coz' i have lot many. Is there any other way by which I can get the values without hard coding in the expression. Please tell me how can I write the calculate dimenssion so that the values will be automatically pulled for (Q5-Q1).

Regards

Sagar Gupta

sivarajs
Valued Contributor II

Try this expression

below(Sum(Field)-Sum(Field)

Not applicable

Hi Sivaraj,

I guess you misunderstood my requirement,  I am explaining you again what I am looking for.

All my metrics will show the values for respective quarters(Q1-Q8), now I want my dimenssion to be as below:

Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5, Q6, Q7, Q8, Q5 - Q1. the newly added Q5-Q1 should not only display in the table also it

6    5      3    7    9    4     7    2        3

should give values as well.

Still if you are not clear then plz check for the sample file which i uploaded in the start of the post.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Regards

Sagar Gupta

Not applicable

Hi Sivaraj,

Just wanted to know that calculated dimenssion of this kind will work or not( some modifications required)

=

if(Quarter_ID<>'Q9', Quarter_ID, Quarter_ID=('Q5' - 'Q1'))

Regards

Sagar Gupta

sivarajs
Valued Contributor II

if(Quarter_ID<>'Q9', Quarter_ID, Quarter_ID=('Q5' - 'Q1'))  It wont assign 'Q5' - 'Q1' to that field but then following will display

if(Quarter_ID<>'Q9', Quarter_ID, 'Q5' - 'Q1') 

Not applicable

Hi,

Ya i know, my moto is not only to display(Q5-Q1) but also to make it functional, so that i dont have to hard code my Expressions.

What you have mentioned above will only display(Q5-Q1) and it won't be giving values for Q5-Q1

Regards

Sagar Gupta

Community Browser