Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can popup definitions be created on pivot table expressions?

Hello All,

New member her, but have been using this site as a resource for a long time, everyone has helped me so much more than they realize. I do have a problem that I've been trying to solve for a while now, and can't seem to get it. Is there a way to have a hover-over popup on the expression title to explain some conditional formatting?

For instance, for inventory days of coverage, i have it conditionally formatted to turn orange if a particular warehouse is sitting on more than three days of coverage and to turn red if it is sitting on less than 1 shift's worth of production. I'm frequently asked though, "what does red and green mean?" Is there a way i can add in a popup so that when it is hovered over, it will say something along the lines of;

Orange = >3 days inventory

Red = <1 shift of production

i have attached a QV(current) and XL(goal) view, incase i'm not clear here.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Please check attached another workaround

Capturar.PNG.png

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Nicole-Smith

I don't think you can do it on a cell level, but you could put help text in the caption (on the Caption tab) of the chart and display the information there.

Or if you want it just on the expression title, you can put a transparent text box over the expression title, take the caption off, put help text on the text box, and when you hover over it, it will show that help text.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Wallace

I cannot see a qvw attached, just the jpg.

Best Regards,     Bill

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Not by row, but you can use the Comment field to show some information

Capturar.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Holy cow, i wasn't expecting such quick replies, i cannot say thanks enough...

Bill, sorry, first post, wasn't sure the process

Clever, thank you, i was really hoping to do it at a row level though, there are so many different levels of conditional formatting built in here, i think it would end up being a bit jumbled trying to keep it all in the comment field. unless i am misunderstanding what you are saying.

Nicole, I think this may be the way to go. Sounds like a little bit of a workaround, but i think it is the only way to accomplish what i'm looking to do. Thanks so much.

Again, thanks to everyone! If anyone comes up with any alternatives, i'm all ears!

Nicole-Smith

Hi Wallace,

Please mark correct and/or helpful answers so others can find solutions to similar problems

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Please check attached another workaround

Capturar.PNG.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can place an Help Text in a Text object and put the text object over the expression title.

On mouse over the information message will appear

Davide

Cattura.JPG.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Clever,

Worked perfectly, thanks SO much!!

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You´re welcome