Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can we assign input variable values to the Filed trying with input filed option.

Hi Team,

I have a need to assign the input variable values to the Field,

I tried using dynamic update it worked, but unfortunately we are not allowed to use dynamic update.

I am trying to use input field, but not sure if I can give variable value in the input filed,

I tried assigning variable values in the script but we need to reload to get the latest values.

vDep is variable

LOAD * INLINE [
    Name, Dep, Marks
    A, '$(vDep)', 10
    B, '$(vDep)', 20
    C, '$(vDep)', 13
    D, '$(vDep)', 15
];

Please find the attached qvw.

Kindly Suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
MVV Satish.

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try this script

Temp:

LOAD

Input('Enter Year', 'Input box') AS InputValue

AutoGenerate 1;

LET vInputValue = Peek('InputValue');

DROP TABLE Temp;

LOAD *,

'$(vInputValue)' AS Dep

INLINE [

Name, Marks

A, 10

B, 20

C, 13

D, 15

];

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

thanks for quick response,

I tried the above script, but I need the change run time, it is popping input box before it opens the document , but in my case the user need to see the dashboard first and make the changes if necessary.

what I need to achieve is I will add vInputValue variable in the Input Box, where user can change the values, and it should reflect the same value in the table box with out reload.

Thanks & Regards,

MVV Satish.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

That way you can't change values of an inputfield at one go, because "In input fields all field values will be treated as distinct, regardless if several have the same value." Instead you can think of using calculated dimension/expression as an alternative(not sure if that holds good for your purpose).

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can create a Input Box and assign a variable to it, and instead of table box use Straight table with required columns as dimensions and the input value as expression

Dim: Dim1, Dim2...........

Expression: variableName

This way you can achieve.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.