Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Caption in any kind of object

Hi all,

this is just something that I have just found out and that is, I think, interesting to every developer of QlikView_apps:

It is recommendable to type some text in the edit_field >Title< in the dialog for every single object you create - even if you don't want the title to be displayed (for buttons or whatever)

=> That makes it much easier to find the object when it is hidden because in the properties_dialog of the sheet, that title is then displayed.

An alternative to this would of course be pressing Ctrl+Shift+S and thus making all objects visible - but that can be tricky as one has to remember to explicitly reset it.

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

I agree completely and are trying to do it (like documentation) but sometimes I forget or am too busy but it saved a lot of time instead searching the "where" and "why" .

- Marcus

avinashelite

Hi DataNibbler,

Your absolutely correct , we don't have a easy way to identify the  hidden objects except the document or sheet properties. As mentioned by Marcus it always better to maintain it as a document so that we can keep track of all the objects used, it will save our time and effort .

Regards,

Avinash R