Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Capturing selected values

Guys,

I have been trying this for a while now,but with little success.I have a straight table which has a dimension and various expressions.Now when I

click on any expressions value in the table I need to capture the dimension values which correspond to the clicked expression value.

For Ex:I have a straight table which has a dimension of Class nad has the foll expressions:1)No of students per class 2)No of students passed per class

3) No of Students failed per class.

When I click on the 2nd expression value in the table n supose the value is 5 then I need to capture the names of these five students,may be show them

in a msgbox.Please note that I have to click on the expression value and not the dimesnsion.

If this is not possible,then please suggest a workaround.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Navin .G

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can give a try: use trigger on event "OnAnySelect" and action "Select Possible".

Regards,  tresesco

Not applicable
Author

Does on anyselect work for expressions also???

Regards

Navin.G

tresesco
MVP
MVP

i guess it does, just give a try.

Regards,  tresesco

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check the attached example.  Hope it helps you.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Sorry for the late reply,was stuck up with a few things but you're right man!!!!the solution you have given is right.

Actually I need to put this into a variable and then pass it onto some other QlikView report.Do you know how this is possible?

Regards

Navin.G

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check the attachment, I created a variable and assigned the expression to it and used this variable in table.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Jagan,

I wanted this variable to be carried on to another QlikView report.Actually the variable value wil be carried from a Summary report to

a detail report.Have allthe field names same in Summary and Detail report.

You know how to tackle this one?

Regards

Navin.G

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Save variable script in a separate .qvs file.  Now include this qvs file in both the report files.

Include this script in both files by

Edit Script -> Edit -> Include (In Qlikview 9) -> and select the QVS file.

The file should consists of

SET vPassCountExpression = Count({<Marks={'>=50'}>}StudentID);

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.