Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rluciano1012
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cell Height / Wrap Text in a Straight Table

Does anyone know if you can make a Cell containing a text field in a straight table grow automatically to the size it needs depending on the length of the comment field?  I know on the Presentation Tab you can check the Wrap Cell Text and choose the Cell Height (i.e. 4) but some of the comments in the field are short and only need 1 line while others may need 5 or 6 or even more lines.  By setting the height to 4 some of the fields truncate and just show ... when the comment won't fit in the Cell display size.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ross

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There is no way to get a dynamic cell height. All the rows will always have the same height.

You could try letting the user select a single record and show the comment text in a text box sized such that any message will display completely.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rluciano1012
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yea...that's kind of what I thought.  I guess I was hoping for another setting or something that could bypass those Cell Height options.  Anyway, thanks for your input!

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If I'm not mistaken, hovering your mouse cursor over cells that contain more text than can be shown in the available space, will produce a tooltip-like flyout that shows the entire text.

[Edit] It seems I'm not mistaken. For example:

Too Much Text thread198607.jpg