Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator

Change Sheet Colour Background using GetCurrentSelections

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right way to achieve this, but I am trying to change the background colour of a sheet depending on a particular selection within a dimension.

I am currently using - =if(GetCurrentSelections(SurveyQuestions)='TEXT TO LOOK FOR',yellow(),white()) and although I know the current selection text is correct (am throwing it out to a textbox), the colour of the sheet doesn't change.

Perhaps there are better ways to achieve this?

Thanks

Immy

14 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Exactly, the condition checks whether the value is already selected, if it is it will select '', which is removing the selection. If you don't want that just change the action on the image to select in the field the value

Text to look for A

Not applicable

Hi Piet,

as iam new to qlikview could u explain steps to do this .not able to understand from where colour is allocated and in list box how action is performing

imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator
Author

Yep - that's exactly what I went and did!

All working as expected now, seems like i just needed the rule on the background selection.

Thanks a lot - nice learning curve which I can use across the product going forward.

Immy

Not applicable

Hi Imtiaz,

Could u please explain how it works and steps for implementing creating.

Kindly.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The select in field action is on a text box with image as background

ActionSelect.png

So clicking on the image will select a value in the field, the sheet has a calculated color checking for which value  is selected to set a different color

SheetPropColor.png