Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change dimension based on selected expression

Hi there,

I have a bar chart for which I have 4 dimensions and 4 expressions. Lets give them random names before I start describing my problem (screen shots have the real names I have used)

Dimensions   Expressions

DimA             ExpA

DimB             ExpB

DimC             ExpC

DimD             ExpD

Note: Dimensions are cyclic grouped and Expressions are also cyclic grouped (Please see attached screen shots)

DimA - formula used is =Aggr(DISTINCT ROUND(DimA, .1), DimA)

ExpA - formula used is =Count(ROUND(DimA, .1))

The same formula applies to all other dimensions and expressions (Only the dimension and expression names change in the formula).

Apparently, currently the users when they select ExpA then they must select DimA to see the correct results in the graph. Similary if they select ExpB then DimB must be selected to see the correct results.

This is a bit annoying sometimes and I wanted to know if there is a way by which I can achieve the following

1. Whenver user selects an ExpA automatically DimA must be selected.

2. Above must apply to all other expressions.

3. Show only the result of one selected expression (with one dimension) at a time.

Is this doable in any way?

Thanks,

Ranjith

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Actually i have same requirement. If i select one expression then i should get the respective dimension value so that i can pass same thing through button to navigate to other sheet....

So do we have have any method by which i can which expression and corresponding dimension selected ?

Thanks in advance

Not applicable
Author

Mayil:

I have the same issue.

I don't see your attached file..can you pls attach it.

Not applicable
Author

i can't see your attach file tooooo but i do really need you example~~ could you please send me the attachment???