Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change format to dimension

Hi,

I have in my dashboard, a straight table with several dimension which are dates in format "DD-MM-YYYY".

I need to show these dates in format "MMM-YY".

How I can do that?

Best Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use the date() function to show the dates in the format you need. date(MyDate, 'MMM-YY'). You can do this in the script or in an expression (or a calculated dimension if you want to format a date dimension).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use the date() function to show the dates in the format you need. date(MyDate, 'MMM-YY'). You can do this in the script or in an expression (or a calculated dimension if you want to format a date dimension).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

In the Document Properties | Number tab, select Date and enter MMM-YY as the format or else use a Date(..., 'MMM-YY') to format the field on loading. This will avoid the need to create a calculated dimension.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Nicole-Smith

Does QV already know it's a date?  If it does, you can simply do:

date(YourField, 'MMM-YY')

However, if QV isn't recognizing the field as a date, you must do:

date(date#(YourField,'DD-MM-YYYY'),'MMM-YY')

If you're using a bar chart, or the like, (where you want to see only a single bar for a month), you need to use the monthstart() function around either of the two expressions above in order to only show one (if not, it will show a different bar for each day of the month that you have data):

date(monthstart(YourField), 'MMM-YY')

date(date#(monthstart(YourField),'DD-MM-YYYY'),'MMM-YY')

Not applicable
Author

thanks a lot!!!

Not applicable
Author

thanks a lot!!!

Not applicable
Author

thanks a lot!!!