Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing column header color

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to change the background color for individual column headers? For example, I would like to make one column header blue and another black to distinguish both columns from each other. Thanks!

Kevin

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Which Column headers are you talking about? Pivot Tabels or Normal Tables?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Keshav,

It is a normal table. Currently when I go to change the background color for an individual column header, it changes the background color of all the column headers.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't change the colors of the individual column labels. You can change the color of all of them together. You can change the color of individual cells for totals. And you can change the background color of individual columns. This will also override the color set for the totals cell. See the image below:

cellcolors.png

To change customize the cells first enable the option Always Show Design Menu Items on the Design tab of the user preferences window. Then in the chart right click the cell you want to customize and choose Custom Format Cell.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hai K.Strunk4,

For changing tthe background colours of individual columns,

Settings->Userpreference->Designtab-> check always show design tabs and then go to the table and right click on the colum heading , you can see the list of options, in that chose custom format cell, their you can change the colurs

hope it helps for you

Regards

ramesh

Not applicable
Author

Gysbert,

I appreciate your response. What I'm concerned with is the Column headers in yellow in your image. I have enabled the Always Show Design Menu Items but my problem still persists. Any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Ramesh,

Please see reply above. Any ideas?

Kevin

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try to use Custom format cell.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you can change the chart type in 'Pivot Table', the aspect doesn't change but you can set different colours for Dimension's header and for Expressions' headers.

Colour_Header.JPG.jpg

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

You select 'Segnali visivi' (after 'Grafic'. I have italian version) and choose 'Text'.

Regards