Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Conditionals do not work as expected when Alternate State is enabled?

To All,

The goal of my task is to successfully show/hide a raw data table with a button trigger. I have been able to produce desirable results in multiple documents using a button to trigger setting a variable from 0 to 1, and in my chart settings, I then set my conditional equal to my variable. In my latest duplication of this function in a new report, I was unable to hide a chart even when manually setting the conditional to 0. The only discernable difference in settings is this new report leverages alternate states whereas previously successful reports did not. Is there other settings I am overlooking? or is this an issue with using alternate states?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Bill,

Thank you for the speedy response. In creating a test report, I found out that you were indeed correct and it does work as intended in a fresh document with alternate states. My report was not working as intended due to a document level security to force showing of all sheets and objects. I have since corrected the issue and everything works as expected.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Version Info: I am using 11.0 SR1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jimmy

Variables should be independent of an Alternate States, so in theory it should just work ok for you.  But you state it does not work for you so something must be adrift elsewhere.

Would you be able to share a sample qvw that demonstrates your issue ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Bill,

Thank you for the speedy response. In creating a test report, I found out that you were indeed correct and it does work as intended in a fresh document with alternate states. My report was not working as intended due to a document level security to force showing of all sheets and objects. I have since corrected the issue and everything works as expected.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jimmy

No worries, glad you are on the road again.

Best Regards,     Bill