cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Percents

Hello,

I'm  trying to make a chart that work like this:

Let's say I have 3 suppliers that supply  the products of any category.

I'm making a bar chart where the bars display the percents of product of each category, so far, no problem with this.

sample chart percents.PNG

In my filters, I have the supplier option, my suppliers have a percent of volume  of product (not considering the category).

SupplierPercent of Product
A50%
B10%
C20%
D20%

With this information, if the users selects a Supplier in the filter option (Supplier A),  the chart shouldn't take all the whole product volume as a 100% (which is the most logical process), it should use the 50%, and the sum of the percent of each category should give me the result of 50%.

Any ideas of how to make it work like this?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Surely you can work with properties of the chart, I should prefer to add as many colums as suppliers where in each column i compute the product of the original value multiplied by 50%, 10% and so on in order to use new columns to make graph

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What is your expression for the chart above?

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Surely you can work with properties of the chart, I should prefer to add as many colums as suppliers where in each column i compute the product of the original value multiplied by 50%, 10% and so on in order to use new columns to make graph

Not applicable
Author

I'm using a sum(amount)/sum(total amount)

Not applicable
Author

See either of these two graphs help. Not sure I am entirely clear on what you are looking for.

Not applicable
Author

that's, the type of chart I'm looking for, but instead the units on the y axis, i need the percent of the selected supplier.

Not applicable
Author

Something like this?

Not applicable
Author

Mmm no, let me see if I can explain it better.

The chart using the product category will show me the data based on a 100%

Category

Percent
A40%
B25%
C35%

We get the 100%

However, each product have their supplier and a supplier can provide products of each category.

Supplier 1 supplies the 50% of my products, in this part we're not taking in count the category of the product.

If I select Supplier 1, the chart gets this information:

Category Percent
A50%
B20%
C30%

But the way it need to be show is like this:

So, if i select the Supplier 1, the chart should show me the next information

CategoryPercent
A25%
B10%
C15%

This gives me the 50% of the Supplier 1, instead of taking it like  'a whole 100%'

Not applicable
Author

For anyone who might need something like this, it worked the advice of multiply the result for the percent of the supplier, it ended looking like this:

(sum(Amount)/sum(TOTAL <Year_Month> Amount)) * $(vSupplierPercent)

Where vSupplierPercent is for getting the decimal part of the supplier:

sum(Amount)/sum({<Supplier=>}Amount)