Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Trellis grouping

I am attempting to present the results of multiple surveys within a chart. Each survey has a number of questions which I am trying to group within a trellis. Each question has n number of unique options. However the chart is rendering all possible options not just the options that apply to the current question.

I have attached an example report containing 4 inline tables that mirror my database schema. The dimensions for the chart are Question Text, Answer Text and the expression is the distinct count of Sequence Id.

Is it possible to only display the option text axis that apply to the question? If you select an individual question the results are as expected, i.e only applicable answers are displayed.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The solution is to create two separate graphs. Trellis charts are not intended for this kind of use since all sub charts within the same trellis always share the same axis.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thanks for the reply. The number of questions/surveys is undefined, there will be 20+, surely there is a better solution than to manually create a graph per question??????

In Reporting Services (yes i said it) this would be very simple, I cant believe this is not the same in QV.

Not applicable
Author

Then I would suggest using another visualization. Maybe a grid chart will do it? Check attachment.