Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart colours (colors) with selections

Hi Everyone,

I have recreated a problem I'm consistently having to workaround. Wondering if anyone has a way of fixing this.

In the attached example you will see that I have set colours for my cat dimension as grey and black (using an expression).  I also need the chart to remain static even with a selection on Group.  However, when I make a selection on Group, the colours revert to the default.  I'm assuming this is because I have essentially filtered out the data that sits behind these Groups, therefore no cat, therefore no colours.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Gareth

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can achieve this by ignoring all selections in your colour expression, using Set Analysis.  The expression should read:

=if(maxstring({1}cat)='a', rgb(23,23,23)

,if(maxstring({1}cat)='b', rgb(187,187,187)))

Hope this helps.

Steve

Quick Intelligence

View solution in original post

5 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Might be missing something obvious here but:

Static.PNG

Just set the colours under the 'colors' tab to be the black and grey you need. As you're using Set Analysis the order should never change.

Hope that helps (although I think there may be more to this!)

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can achieve this by ignoring all selections in your colour expression, using Set Analysis.  The expression should read:

=if(maxstring({1}cat)='a', rgb(23,23,23)

,if(maxstring({1}cat)='b', rgb(187,187,187)))

Hope this helps.

Steve

Quick Intelligence

Not applicable
Author

Clever, thanks mate this worked a treat.

its_anandrjs

Hi All,

Nice answer i am looking for that it helpful.

Anand

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there - I had a requirement where the client wanted to specify specific RGB codes for each of the customer groups in their data.  I did this by providing a spreadsheet to them with the client names and blank columns for the colour codes.  Once this was populated it was pulled in and used, the code for it is a bit like what I have posted in this community thread:

http://community.qlik.com/message/128707#128707

Enjoy.

Steve