Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart format issue

I'm looking to format the left axis of a line chart as a percent.  I've marked all of the expressions as numbers with percent formatting on the Number tab.  I've also added num() around all of the expressions to format them as percents.  However, the left y-axis still shows as a decimal rather than a percent.  The expressions consist of dividing one column by another.  Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Emily, completing what Mike said, I guess you are hidding the first 4 expressions in the chart because is just a pre-calculation, the chart will use the format of the first expression in the axis, as it is not being plotted it simply goes crazy hehe you just have to add a dummy 0 expression at the beggining with % format, I adjusted your formulas to point to the right columns. See the attached file

Regards,

OM

View solution in original post

8 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Please post a sample qvw showing the problem.

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Select relative checkbox from expression tab.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

try tis,

exp2.PNG

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

buzzy996‌‌, you might want to get a proper screen grabbing tool to make your images a bit clearer and easier to understand. I use GreenShot, which is a free tool, maybe you want to try it?

Download Greenshot and translations

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

thanks Toni

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried using the relative checkbox and saw interesting things happen to the number and no percent formatting, and also gave the Fixed formatting a try with no luck.  I've attached an example.  Thanks!

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Your expressions ClaimsA, ClaimsO, PremiumA, and PremiumO are causing the axis problem. As soon as I check ClaimA to be displayed as a Line, the axis displays as %.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Emily, completing what Mike said, I guess you are hidding the first 4 expressions in the chart because is just a pre-calculation, the chart will use the format of the first expression in the axis, as it is not being plotted it simply goes crazy hehe you just have to add a dummy 0 expression at the beggining with % format, I adjusted your formulas to point to the right columns. See the attached file

Regards,

OM