Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Coloured dots in a table_chart

Hi,

I have a straight_table that has no Dimension, but five formulas, each one calculated differently, below each other.

To make more intuitive and obvious the association with the stacked elements of a barchart, I want to introduce some coloured dots in front of the formula_Labels.

That would be quite easy, but the Thing is, the entire table is inside a Container_box - so I cannot just introduce some coloured textboxes ...

Does anyone know a way how to do this?

I was thinking of using "Wingdings" to create a blob to put in front of every Label - but then I'd have to find a way to make the font of that different from the rest of the text - the Label of a formula in "Wingdings" would hardly make it more legible 😉

Just now I have another idea: I could make yet another Container_box with five elements in a vertical row - five coloured text_boxes and maybe one White one inbetween, that would be nine - that's going to be a fuzz - and put that into the larger Container_box - even more, I already have a Container inside the large Container, so that would include one more Container ...

Does anyone have any simpler idea?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hello DataNibbler,

I'm glad it worked for you.

Here is one example of the intermittent blank row approach you described:

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic6.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic10.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic7.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic8.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic9.JPG

hope this helps

Marco

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MarcoWedel

Hi,

one solution might be;

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic5.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hello Marco,

that Looks very good. I'll try it out.For that I Need a Dimension - I don't have one as yet in that particular table, but I am already experimenting with different possibilities and I have tried that out, I can just about do that.

The only Thing that's not clear to me here: What does that >> ValueLoop << do? Would not a simple formula >> 1 << do?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Ah, I got it - that assigns a different value to each of the five "Dimension_points" and a corresponding colour for the traffic_light_gauge.

Just one more question - I'll look at your qvw, maybe I can find out - how did you hide the necessary Dimension?

P.S.: As a first shot, the answer to that is Kind of obvious - it's easy to do in a straight table. I currently have a Pivot_table, I'll see if I can do the same Thing using a straight_table - Looks like it, seemingly you have done it, so ...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

it took me a while to rebuild this, but now I've got it - only one Piece left:

The way it once was - before all this - there was some space inbetween the formulas - probably because there were five formulas, but no Dimension. I'd like to have this effect again to make it somewhat more legible ... I guess I have to Change it to >> ValueLoop(1, 9) << (five "dimension_points" with four spaces inbetween) and adapt all the formulas correspondingly?

MarcoWedel

Hello DataNibbler,

I'm glad it worked for you.

Here is one example of the intermittent blank row approach you described:

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic6.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic10.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic7.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic8.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic9.JPG

hope this helps

Marco

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks a lot!

That with the intermittent blank rows didn't work - not like that, I tried - and somehow I got that effect in another way, don't ask me exactly how I did it - that might prove a bit of a Problem going Forward ... Anyway, it works!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

HI Marco,

I know this has been a while. The traffic_light_Buttons work fine in that context. My Boss, however, said I might want to try making them a bit smaller and more discrete - just Little hints as to the colour that is used in another Chart.

I have found a possible way: In >> Wingdings3 << I can Display a Little triangle (letter 'u') and I can colour that, depending on the value of that ValueLoop() function.

<=> The only obstacle to this is, I cannot set the font for the entire table to Wingdings because there are Labels that should of course remain legible => so I would have to set the font in the formula_properties.

I'm sure that info is somewhere to be found, I'll have a look. Could you maybe Point me at something?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay.

I figured out I can just Play around with different ASCII characters using the chr() function and when I find one that is solid (just now I have stars, using 9733), I can control ist colour depending on the ValueLoop().

That will be that I guess.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

MarcoWedel

Hi,

I'd also go for another symbol instead of a different font.

One example that lets you switch between different characters to test its acceptance might be:

QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic12.JPG    QlikCommunity_Thread_280400_Pic11.JPG

Maybe also helpful:

https://unicode-table.com/en/

hope this helps

regards

Marco