Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combo Chart % Change Missing Value

Hi all,

I have a basic combo chart with two expressions Sum() and Column(1) / Above(Column(1)

Is it possible to adjust the expression so that it draws the line from the begging and shows the % change of the first bar?

ComboChart.png

Thanks,
Ivelin

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Nope, there is no bar before the first bar so the expression cannot be calculated for the first bar. The % of change for the first bar doesn't exist. There was no bar before the first bar in the chart and therefore no change.

What you can do instead is calculate the change in the script. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
arjunkrishnan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Lvelin,

I make Little Changes In Ur App ...

Look Now It's Ok or Not

Lets Find My AttachMent

Not applicable
Author

In your combo chart you are using Sum() and Column(1) / Above(Column(1) these 2 expressions.

So for the second exprssion ur using above function.Above function takes the value from previous row. For first bar there won't be any previous value so it will be null(-).

Hence its not showing the % change of first bar.

Not applicable
Author

Is there a different expression which can do the same job? Doesn't have to be Column(1) / Above(Column(1) per se

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you really want you can use this:

Column(1) / if(RowNo()>1,  Above(Column(1)), $(=sum({<date={20140101}>}value)) ) -1

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

For the first row take the same value as column 1, otherwise use the same expression of above.

Like,

Column(1) / if(RowNo()>1,Above(Column(1))-1,Column(1))

Hope this will help you.!