Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Not applicable

Combo Chart Legend issue... very strange

I have a Combo chart rendering as a Line Chart. Its a very simple chart, but having difficulty replicating the Sample Excel Chart.

The Source Legend wont show. Only the SQFT. I played with the Dimension Order to get it to work. But no Luck. Perhaps my data set is set up wrong?

The Expression is just the =SQFT dropped in. No summation needed. I'm beginning to think QV is not very flexible or there is a bug or perhaps my stupidity is the cause.

Secondary:

I need to also create a Pie Chart with Same/Similar expression showing the distribution of SQFT. Right now I can only get a double donut that does not make sense.

Please see the attached QVW file and data. This is a sample of what I'm doing for a client so that's why Im desperate.

Thanks All,

Brian

7 Replies
srinivasa1
Contributor

Re: Combo Chart Legend issue... very strange

Hi

Please Demote Source as last in Dimmension...from Chart properties.

Thanks

Not applicable

Tried that, but the lines dont graph properly....

Source demoted Last.png

srinivasa1
Contributor

hi

I think you can able to display only two dim in combo chart.add one in experssion as Bar and one more as line

Thanks

Not applicable

I tried to make it work with Line but never graphed properly. The TOTAL line didn't look correct with Line type chart so I used Combo.

Thats is good to know. Didnt realize it had that limitation. Excel seems like a better solution to my dismsay.

srinivasa1
Contributor

hi

Use two dimension Time and Source and  make experssion as   =sum(SQFT)

hope it will generate proper graph

Not applicable

That helped, but for some reason QV wont render the lines quite right when you take out the SQFT from the Dim.

2013-01-31_150832.png

srinivasa1
Contributor

Its happning Due to Your SQFT Value  try to divide sum or do aggr

Community Browser