Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combo Chart- Line Expression attaching to only one dimension

So, I have two dimensions Month and Customer and three expressions, Actual Sales, Open Sales, Planned Sales.

I am trying to create a combination chart where I want to show Actual + Open as stacked bar, compared to Planned Sales line chart, for each customer for each month.

I am able to successfully do this in Excel, file attached. But in Qlikview, the line chart is coming only for the dimension having higher priority (in this case month).

Attaching the  Excel and Qlikview file for reference.

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

As far as I know the only thing you can do is combine the two dimensions into one. See attached example.

edit: Replace your two dimensions with the dimension in the below image and sort that dimension by expression [Month]

comm85342.png

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I am sorry, I cannot open the qvw file given the personal edition. Can you please explain in bit more detail on the steps I should follow. Thanks a ton in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert. This works beautifully.

It would be great if you can just tell me a way to Customize the x-axis labels while keeping the chart exactly same..for ex. I want to show Jun-13 instead of A-Jun-13, because my customer names are really large and they can be seen by doing a mouse over on the bar.