Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combo Chart with no Dimensions only expressions

Good Morning Qlik Community -

I'll try to explain this as best I can -

How do you effectively manage a combo chart when the data sourced is in multiple columns as opposed to rows.  For example I have one row of data for supplier ABC and their period 1 parts data is in column B, their period 1 defects are in column C, and so on.  How can I use a combo chart to show on bar for period one with the parts and use the line part of the combo chart to show the defects. 

Image below is an example of what I'm trying to achieve and sample data is attached.

Thanks for your help with this.

Sample Graph.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What is the dimension (under the bars) in the example ?  Is it a period?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I'm looking to have a Period 1, 2, 3, etc. as the dimension.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I made an example, see if it solve your problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

attached

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mauri - that's what I'm looking for.  Can you offer some explanation of some items please as I'm still a newbie to Qlik.....

1.  Can you explain what CrossTable(Period, Data) does?

2.  How do you populate Period....is it subfield(Period,' ',1) as Periodo   if so how does it know there are only 3 periods?

3.  Resident Teste; and Drop Table Teste    can you offer some explanation on what these do/are for as well?

Thanks in advance for your solution -

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1. Here is a explanation about CrossTable

The Crosstable Load

2.Subfield is a string function, so it's getting the characteres of field Period before space. You can see an better explanation and example serching for 'subfield' in qlikview's help

3. Resident - works as reload from a table that has already been loaded

Drop Table - delete table Teste

If the answer is correct, please mark the thread is correct to finish the thread