Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Combo-chart - how to ignore limitation when printing?

Hi,

I have a combo chart to display different data on all the quarantine locations we have - there are many and not all are of interest - on some, there is next to nothing happening on any given day - so I have implemented a display limitation to show only the 10 locations where there is the most to show and sorted it accordingly.

That is quite nice and gives an overview very quickly now. The trick is, I would like to show a detailed picture when exporting to Excel - so I would like to ignore that limitation and export the data on all the locations.

Is that possible, or would I have to make a copy of the chart for this purpose?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: I guess it would be possible to implement that limitation in another way to begin with - then I could use a button "print" which would first change a variable - which in turn would change the dimension of the chart to remove the limitation - and then start the printing ... I don't yet know how to do that because I apparently cannot nest a COUNT() inside a max() function ...

3 Replies
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Friedrich,

You can use Rank in Calculated Dimension instead, like this

=Aggr(If(Rank(Sum(Value),1,0) <= vMaxRank,Dim),Dim)

where vMaxRank is variable set to 10

Button set variable to 99999, then Export and Button (like Flip/Flop) reset to 10.

If You can use macro

Sub ExportToExcel
set v = ActiveDocument.GetVariable("vMaxRank")
v.SetContent 1000,true
set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH01")
obj.SendToExcel
set v = ActiveDocument.GetVariable("vMaxRank")
v.SetContent 10,true
End Sub

Button executes this Macro.

Regards,

Antonio

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

thanks a lot!

No, macros are not an option unfortunately - they are not allowed on the server, so only someone with a Named_User_CAL who can reload apps locally would be able to use them.

I will try out that AGGR construct. I don't understand what the AGGR() actually does in this case, that's one of the things I want to learn going forward. I can kind of understand that IF_construct - if the RANK() function returns a rank higher or lower than that variable (a number 10 in this instance), one or the other dimension is used ...

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Hmm ... usually I always use a Textbox to test functions and find out what they do - but that doesn't seem to work for this function. With the parameters on top, I have no idea how to use this RANK() function ... I hope this will be part of an official training which I hope I'll get in my new job.

P.P.S.: For starters, I will read the document available here in the Community ...

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Friedrich,

You don't forget Macro works with IE Plugin also.

See Attachment.

Regards,

Antonio