Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combo-chart with 2 dimensions and 2 expressions

Hi All,

I have a strange problem making a  combo chart with 2 dimensions and 2 expressions. I want:

- For Dim1 for each dimension a line and the labels in the legend and he has to use exp1

- For Dim2 for each dimension a bar and the labels are an the X-axis

Seems very simple......

I add a small qvw with a screenshot from excel. The simple solution (2 charts above eachother) is not an option for me because i want to export them as a picture.

Thanx,

Halmar

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

He Halmar,

See the attached file. Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reaction, but in my production database there can be a lot more dimensions and they can be very different every time, so I am looking for a more dinamic solution.

Groeten, Halmar

Not applicable
Author

Is this what you want? Dimensions left and right? Use the axis tab and select position left or right.

Not applicable
Author

No, because i want to use a second dimension. And that dimension must be shown in the legend....

Not applicable
Author

You can Overlap 2 charts, one bar chart and one line chart, both charts with the same 2 dimensions, but each chart with only one expression. The first chart put it in the bottom and the line chart in normal layer. Also the line chart use Frame background with transparency of 100%...

you will get the result you're looking for.

Kunkulis
Creator
Creator

Hi,

In your TestChart.qvw, if you change the line to symbol expression, do you have any idea, how to get the dots above each letter?