Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparing 2 bar charts

Hey smart people. A question:

I have 2 bar charts, tracking 2 different things - one is a "letter sent" chart, and one is a "payment sent" chart.

Both of these charts measure pretty much the same thing: letters must be sent out within 60 days of receiving them, and payments also must be sent out within 60 days of receiving them.

These are all linked to unique ID's. so, for instance: ID number 1234 has a record on the payment bar chart. It also has a record on the letters bar chart. They were both handled in a timely fashion (sent out within 60 days of notice to send), and all is well.

If we have 100 different ID's, and they all were sent in a timely fashion, the bar chart shows 100% for that month.

Now, here's the question....

I need to make a bar chart which only shows the WORST of these results. For instance, in the month of October, if we were at 100% for the letters, but only 90% for the payments, the bar chart should only show the 90% for the payments.

The user only wants to see the worst results for that month.

Is there a way to do this? Perhaps make a 3rd chart, which says to take the lowest percentage of the 2 charts I have, based on month?

Or can I do all of this behind the scenes, and only show the one chart with the "worst results"?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Nevermind guys - I got it

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

At first sight you need a third table done as inner join between the previous two in order to share only common ID's.

In this way you are sure to have the minimum set of data

hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! Would you be able to possibly toss an example inner join statement at me, that might cover this?

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Simply

Load

ID,

field1,

field2

resident TAB1

inner join

Load

ID,

field3,

field4

resident TAB2

the tables are now linked by the same ID's

Not applicable
Author

Hmmm.... now that I think about it, I might have to do these in a chart only, not in a loading of tables.

Let me ask you this - is it possible to do 2 expressions in the chart (showing my "letter" and "payment" bars for each month), and then somehow tell the chart to only show the lowest value/bar for each month, and "remove" the other?

That would completely solve this issue for me, if there's a way to do this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you please share a test application.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Nevermind guys - I got it

Thanks for the help!